Who We are?
Foundations for Peace (FFP) is an international network of independent local philanthropic organizations working towards peace and social justice.
As local activist funders, we play a vital role in delivering and sustaining peacebuilding and social justice programs.
With local knowledge and direct access to affected communities, we are the “bridge” to create relationships and work towards achieving equity and diversity.
We seek to positively influence the global agenda for change and the development aid architecture in conflict/post-conflict regions. We do this by developing and sharing learning, training and other resources to enhance local leadership, skills and potential to deliver sustainable peacebuilding work.
What brings us together?
- The belief that local sustainable solutions and interventions are important to resolve conflicts.
- The need to strengthen the autonomy of local organizations
- To focus on shifting from militarized security to social justice and peace.
- To address increasing inequalities.
- To ensure that development aid contributes to lasting peace.
- To influence the creation of a holistic development aid system which supports the autonomy of local organizations.
- Manusher Jonno Foundation- Bangladesh
- IndonesiaUntuk Kemanusiaan- Indonesia
- Dalit Foundation-India
- The Community Foundation for Northern Ireland- Northern Ireland
- Neelan Tiruchelvam Trust-Sri Lanka
- Reconstruction Women’s Fund- Serbia
- Taso Foundation- Georgia
- Tewa- Nepal
- Dalia Association-Palestine